Building Healthy Families has funding to allow us to offer two Circle of Security classes free of charge this Fall.
- A Thursday evening class from 6:30 to 8:00pm is starting October 27.
- A Friday morning class from 10:00 to 11:30am begins on October 28.
As parents, we are the center of our young child’s world. How we respond to them has an enduring impact. When they are little we can spend so much time trying to meet our children’s physical needs that we don’t have space to think about what they need from us emotionally. Circle of Security Parenting Groups are designed to give parents a 'map’ for understanding and responding to their children’s emotional needs. Research shows that parents who are able do this in a loving and consistent way give their children an amazing start in life.
This Fall a special series on Practical Parenting will be offered on Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm. The theme for this series is "Discipline: What's Healthy for your Child and for You?"
- “How Can I Stop My Child Behaving Like This?”: As parents, we’ve all asked this question or one like it. But what if we instead ask, “What is his behavior telling me?” or “How can I improve my relationship with my child? Learn about a powerful way you can provide what your child needs, connection. October 26th.
- "Parenting Styles Matter, What's Yours?" Do you know there are only four basic styles of parenting? And one style is by far the best when it comes to raising happy and successful children. November 9th
- "Talking so your Child Will Listen", How to communicate clearly without yelling. November 16th
- "What Makes for Effective Consequences?" Strategies you can use to address challenging behaviors that are good for your child. November 30th
Circle of Security Parenting
Visit the Imagination Playground at our playground events. Check out our calendar for events around Manchester.
Did you know that when customers shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to charity? You get the same products at the same great prices and you support Building Healthy Families as we seek to connect, encourage, inspire and enable parents to provide the very best for their children! Click the Go to Smile button and your purchase will benefit BHF. You can also go to smile.amazon.com where you will be prompted to select a charity. We are listed as Building Healthy Families, Inc. located in Manchester, CT. Amazon will remember your selection and then every eligible purchase you make on AmazonSmile will result in a donation to BHF!